A quote from a fellow Python coder... "Coding in Python is like writing poetry"
My talk will be about how to bring python into the corporate / enterprise world. With over 10 years of Python and Django experience, I wish to share my tribulations and exaltations in how I managed to incorporate Python and Django into the companies I've worked for, deploying systems all over the world.
Some of the high level topics:
- How to get buy in from your executive management team
- Lack of Python developers, J2EE, PHP and other resource pools
- Integrating with existing legacy databases
- System integration, and interfaces best practice
- SQL vs No SQL
- Horizontal scaling and cloud computing
Some of the technologies I'll be discussing:
- buildout and virtualenv: Dependency Management
- django: Web Development Framework
- south: Database schema management and migration
- nose: Testing
- fabric: Deployment
- sphinx: Documentation (ReadySET)
- celery: Enterprise Integration Patterns
- rest-framework / piston: Web API
- responsive-themes: Supporting mobile devices
This talk is about using best practices, awesome libraries and the strength of existing systems and developers to rapidly deploy stable production systems into your company.