Tutorial: Introduction to SQLAlchemy
Speaker: David Fraser
I will cover how to use sqlalchemy, primarily as an ORM layer, but also explaining the other parts ... this is intended as a hands-on session for people who aren't familiar with SQLalchemy or are fairly new to Python.
- Introduction - relational databases, Python DBAPI, ORM layers
- Philosophy of SQLalchemy - abstraction, database independence, but hand-coded
- SQLalchemy core - engines and connections, data types, schema definition, SQL expressions
- ORM tutorial - using declarative (will actually work through the standard tutorial from the documentation)
- Sessions and concurrency - some tips
Return to schedule.